EXTENDED DEADLINE: 21.01.2019
Symposia are important elements of the scientific program at the Meetings of the German Physiological Society. They are proposed and organized by the DPG working groups, by society members (DPG, APS, LS2), or by non-member colleagues. Symposia are selected from all proposals by the program committee.
The organization of a successful proposal is in the responsibility of the organizer/contact person named in the proposal within the general framework set by the DPG council and the local organizing committee.
General guidelines for symposia proposals:
- The scientific quality of the proposed symposium must meet international standards.
- Multidisciplinary symposia and topics of clinical relevance are welcomed.
- Proposed speakers and chair persons should include male and female internationally renowed experts and junior scientists from all-over Europe and beyond.
- Up to two slots (e.g.for junior scientists) could be let open in the proposal, in order to select suitable speakers from the pool of submitted abstracts at a later point.
- If the symposium gets selected, the organizer has to take care to fill all slots and to communicate speakers & titles in due course to the program committee.
- Organizers should plan their symposium to last max. 120 minutes to fit the overall schedule.
- Organizers are expected to raise their own funding for their symposia. In exceptional cases, organizers may apply for travel grants, see below.
Your application needs to contain the following information in English (please use form below):
- Organizer/contact person with full address, phone number and e-mail address.
- General topic and title of the symposium.
- Brief description of the scientific content & its relevance (no more than 200 words).
- Tentative program including chairperson(s), proposed speakers and provisional talk-titles.
Travel grants are awarded by the DPG council in consultation with the program committee. Funds are very limited and only available for non-German speakers (EU max. 400 EUR; overseas max. 1,000 EUR according to DFG regulations). If you plan to apply for a travel grant, please add for each foreign speaker a short justification, why her/his invitation is essential for the symposium.
Please click on the following links to download the corresponding files:
Information Submission Form (pdf)
Symposia Submission Form (word.doc)
Please submit your proposal no later than 21st January 2019 via email to:
For detailed information about the submission instructions or any questions concerning the symposium proposal please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birgit Liss
University of Ulm
Institute of Applied Physiology
Albert-Einstein-Allee 11, N27
89081 Ulm, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)731 500 36214